A first edition deluxe copy of J.R.R. tolkien's Children of Húrin with ORIGINAL illustration drawn in hand by Alan Lee
In support of children with HIV/AIDS, renowned artist Alan Lee had drawn and signed a full page unique illustration of an Elf on the front endpaper of this deluxe first edition copy of tolkien's Children of Húrin. Therefore this drawing looks absolutely fabulous and much better then most sketches Alan Lee does during signing events. He took his time to make this sketch look absolutely fantastic!
Alan Lee is the world famous Tolkien illustrator who earned an Oscar for his work as a conceptual designer on Peter Jackson's film trilogy of The Lord of the Rings and the chance to acquire an original illustration by him is rare
The Children of Húrin reunites fans of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings with Elves and Men, dragons and Dwarves, Eagles and Orcs. The Húrin legends made up the third "Great Tale" of J R R tolkien's Middle-earth writing. Christopher Tolkien, son of J.R.R.Tolkien, has carefully collected these legends into a complete story told only in the words of J.R.R. Tolkien. "For anyone who has read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, The Children of Húrin allows them to take a step back into a larger world, an ancient land of heroes and vagabonds, honour and jeopardy, hope and tragedy."
The Children of Hurin, UK De Luxe Edition, the first standalone tale of Middle-earth since 1977, and the first complete version of one of J.R.R. tolkien's 'Great Tales', with many exclusive features:
- Drawing together J.R.R. Tolkiens original manuscripts, using many sources spaced out over decades, Christopher Tolkien has constructed a narrative without any editorial invention.
- Includes a brand new red and black Map of Beleriand specially drawn by Christopher Tolkien, which appears as a fold-out sheet.
- Contains eight colour paintings and twenty-five pencil sketches, specially commissioned from award-winning artist, Alan Lee.
- Features an exclusive colour frontispiece painting by Alan Lee.
- Includes a specially written introduction and appendix on the history and writing of the tale by Christopher Tolkien.
- Quarter-bound in blue with grey boards, stamped in gold foil with a unique motif of the Helm of Hador created by Alan Lee, and housed in a matching custom-built slipcase.
- Printed on superior quality paper and including a silk ribbon marker.
Digital photo's available, inquire if interested.
Other Tolkien books available, include both the UK and US editions, original cloth bindings, custom fine bindings, and Signed/Numbered/Limited Editions.